Job ID 4996
Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years
Category / Function Management
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
About Us :
We are surrounded by the world’s leading consumer companies led by technology Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world’s most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast.
The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build ‘The World’s Largest Internet Restaurant Company’ in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been built on a simple system The Rebel Operating Model.
Software Engineering @ Rebel comprises of most of the components of a customer-centric internet commerce company and problem statements of scalable and distributed systems.
We believe in applying engineering excellence and operational excellence in all the areas of compute, storage, network to build & operate efficient systems.
While we work on open-source, cloud-managed and enterprise tech stacks in Frontend (web/mobile), Backend (API layers), Caching, Async Processing/Queuing, Databases (SQL, NoSQL), ERP, CRM, Analytics, Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB etc), Data Science (ML) etc, We also work/evaluate on many emerging tech stacks like NLP, AI/IOT, Robotics + Automations, Bots, Voice, Vision computing, Blockchain etc to solve many use cases around different verticals of FoodTech. The teams have built more than 30 different systems in-house to tackle the massive complexity of a multibrand operation while keeping business metrics supremely efficient and optimized.
Future of Software Engineering @ Rebel :
Rebel Engineering function is working on Software + Robotics + Automation to solve the toughest problems in an integrated fashion for our customers and to make their food experiences unique, memorable and delightful & sure.
We believe in continuous adoption of emerging technologies to solve customer problems in fast and innovative fashion. Technology and data are the backbone for us to disrupt this industry and build the most loved experiences for customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams – 8+ years of experience working with engineering teams, 3+ years of technical program management experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Must be able to independently design, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes. .
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.,).
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
The Rebel Culture