Job ID 4919
Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years
Category / Function Management
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Why Mavericks? Because we are trying to build something which has not been built ever and journey over last few years suggests that faint hearted ones will not survive the roller coaster ride. Before I go on to explain what all of this is about, read this only if you have appetite for venturing into unknown much as protagonists of famous movie Interstellar did.
Rebel Food’s journey to becoming the World’s largest Internet Restaurant Company :
World’s leading consumer companies are all internet / technology / new age companies – Amazon (retail), Airbnb / Oyo (Hospitality), Priceline (travel), Netflix / Spotify (Entertainment). The only sector, where raditional companies are still the largest ones is restaurants – McDonald’s (with a market cap of 130 BN USD). With Food Delivery growing exponentially worldwide, there is an opportunity to build the world’s most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. We have the formula to be that company.
Today, we can safely say we are the world’s largest delivery only / internet restaurant company, and by a wide margin with 4000+ individual internet restaurants, in 40+ cities and 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh. It’s still Day 1, but we know we are onto something very, very big. We have an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change the 500-year-old industry that hasn- t been disrupted at its core by technology.
For more details on how we are changing the restaurant industry from the core, please refer below. It’s important reading if you want to know our company better and really explore working with us:
While this has been possible due to a robust business model (Multi-brand cloud kitchen model, opening platform to 3P brands and food entrepreneurs), the – Way of working- a.k.a – Values- at Rebel Foods have played a major role as well. These so-called values are not mere A3 printouts hung up on the wall but actually the sugar-phosphate backbone of the DNA of each one of us making this happen).
Being a SCM Maverick :
– So what does being a SCM Maverick means? As you would have realized by now that two points of inflection in our journey have been – moving to cloud-kitchen model and multi-brand strategy.
- Having a unified supply chain which acts as an umbrella across all the brands has played a pivotal role in growth of our network as well as creating multiple brands through same pipeline. As we embark on the next phase of our journey which will entail creating more brands as well as getting new brands on our kitchen platform the role of SCM will keep on evolving. Right from fitting multiple product portfolios to handling new SKU’s across multi-temperature supply chain will pose an unparalleled challenge in history of Indian restaurant industry.
- So a SCM maverick’s job will not be limited to solving standard Supply chain problems but also develop a world class Supply chain which shall be replicable not only across India but also other geographies. As we venture internationally for first time this becomes even more important. Just a snippet of what we are doing in that sense can be found here :
- As a SCM maverick you shall be required to ensure all our kitchens are stocked properly with JIT supplies to ensure minimum stock level with highest efficiencies and best quality ingredients sourced across the network. This role will test all your so called SCM concepts and make you wish if you should have listened to Operations professor more closely :P.
– This role shall entail a lot of coordinated effort with internal functions like Marketing (originators of these brands), Product (Product as in Food – Chefs who create the amazing food we sell) & Finance (after all we work with budgets and we meet them always) to ensure it all comes together in an amazing experience for end customer in every single order.
Makings of a SCM Maverick :
So what would make a SCM Maverick – Strong data analytics? Ability to work with a multifunctional team? Adaptive to change? I am not going to mention these because they are hygiene factors for this role. What would truly define you is high degree of ownership and an insatiable hunger to keep trying till we succeed. As I mentioned about secret sauce in beginning of this hiring pitch, I truly believe in this case none exists if not what I mentioned above.