Job ID 7223
Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years
Category / Function Management
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Site Start-Up & Regulatory Specialist I
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighb
- General – Responsible for providing quality on deliverables at the country level and follows project requirements and applicable country rules, with oversight from the SSU Country Manager.
- Works within the forecasted submission/approval timelines and ensures they are complied with and tracks milestone progress in agreed upon SSU tracking system in real time; if forecasted timelines are not reached provides clear rationale for delays, assists with contingency plan to mitigate impact, and escalates the issue as soon as identified.
- Monitors basic financial aspects of the project and the number of hours/tasks available per contract; escalates discrepancies in a timely fashion.
- Reviews and complies with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) in a timely manner, keeps training records updated accordingly and ensures timesheet compliance.
- Ensure all relevant documents are submitted to the Trial Master File (TMF) as per Company SOP/Sponsor requirements.
- Local Submissions Specialist – Follows the project direction provided by the designated country start-up advisor (CSA) and SSUL. May serve as a point of contact for the SSUL/PM (or designee) during start-up on allocated projects. Compiles and/or reviews essential document packages for site activation and may also be involved in essential document collection from site.
- Prepares and submits Central EC Applications, Local EC Applications, RA Applications, and other local regulatory authorities or hospital approval submissions as required and under supervision. Prepares ongoing submissions, amendments, and periodic notifications required by central and local EC and RA, and other local regulatory authorities as needed within the country; includes safety notifications as required by local rules, with overight from the SSU Country Manager.
- Local Site ID and Feasibility Support – Provides support with site selection lead and PM/SSUL to ensure that the appropriate sites are selected for individual studies based on the requirements of the clinical trial.
- Local Investigator Contract and Budget Negotiator – Supports the SSUL to agree on country template contract and budget. Assists in producing site-specific contracts from country template. Under supervision assist in negotiations of budget and contract with site and via Site Contracts Service Centre and SSUL lead with Sponsor until resolution of issues and contract execution. Assists with quality control and arranges execution of CTAs as well as archival of documents into repositories and capture of metadata.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.