Job ID 9033
Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years
Category / Function Management
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Principal Statistical Programmer
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Uses SAS, or other software, to develop custom programming code to generate summary tables, data listings, graphs and derived datasets as specified in the statistical analysis plan and programming specifications.
- Works to ensure that outputs meet quality standards and project requirements.
- Performs validation programming and works with other programmers, biostatisticians, and other project team members to resolve discrepancies or any findings.
- Keeps project team members informed of programming progress and issues requiring their attention.
- Follow applicable SOPs, WIs, and relevant regulatory guidelines (e.g. ICH).
- Maintains well organized, complete, and up-to-date project documentation, testing, and verification/quality control documents and programs ensuring inspection readiness.
- Manages scheduling and time constraints across multiple projects at a time, sets goals based on priorities from management, and adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload.
- Develops specifications for datasets and outputs of any complexity according to statistical or sponsor requirements. Anticipates and addresses potential programming issues, reflects forethought, establishes the basis for efficient programming and accurately defines all variables to be accepted by peer review and sponsor/requestor with little rework.
- Conducts effective internal meetings (appropriate in format, frequency and attendance). Distributes relevant information in advance. Ensures minutes are promptly and accurately distributed. Follows action items through to completion, and maintains order and focus of meetings, working toward consensus.
- Displays willingness to work with others and assist with projects and initiatives as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Accountable for on-time delivery across concurrent programming deliverables. Negotiates programming timelines and provides risk mitigation plans for projects or programs, as needed. Proactively informs management of the status of deliverables and significant project or program issues, including planned resolutions.
- Acts as the lead statistical programmer. Directs the programming activities of other programming personnel and monitors progress on programming deliverables.
- Reviews project documentation such as Statistical Analysis Plan, mock shells, programming specifications, annotated CRFs, and SAS database design. Provides feedback to the appropriate project team members which reflects forethought and reduces inefficiencies in programming activities.
- Participates in sponsor meetings, kickoff meetings, and bid defense meetings as statistical programming representative, as required by sponsor.
- Contributes to the mentoring of programming personnel through developing training courses, presenting training materials, reviewing work, and providing feedback or guiding new associates in process.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of clinical drug development, industry standards, and electronic submission requirements; serves as a technical expert resource to other department members for complex programming questions.