Job ID 8118
Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years
Category / Function Management
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Manager, Safety & Pharmacovigilance
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Line management responsibilities including transfers, hiring, utilization, terminations, training, professional development, performance appraisals, time sheet approval, and employee counseling. Advises staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, and prioritization.
- Assigns project work and reviews workload for all direct reports. Provides oversight and guidance on organizational goals and company objectives.
- Monitors quality of work and efficiency of team members with contracted scope of work and Safety Management Plan. Discusses below-target project goals with senior safety management.
- Manages projects where Safety and Pharmacovigilance are the primary services.
o Reviews study budgets and expenses; ensures all study related contractual and budgeting issues are upheld and performed.
o Works with Finance to ensure appropriate customer invoicing, where required.
o Approves project time cards and invoicing.
o Provides sponsors with scheduled project updates and reports.
o Coordinate with other internal departments and Safety functional areas to ensure timely review and submission of reports and documents relating to safety reporting as well as resolution of issues.
- Participates in the management of the Safety and Pharmacovigilance department with the following actions:
o Assists in the development, review, and approval of departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
o Reviews, provides input, and ensures the execution of the Safety Management Plan/Safety Reporting Plan.
o Evaluates processes for potential improvement in efficiency and effectiveness and recommends changes. Participates in process development and improvement of departmental functions.
o Works with Business Development to actively solicit new business, as needed.
o Represents Safety and Pharmacovigilance or ensure Safety representation at project team meetings and client meetings.
- Reviews, advises, and approves Safety portions of project proposals to ensure wording adequately reflects the scope of work for Safety and Pharmacovigilance. Participates in bid defense meetings. Reviews clinical safety sections of study protocols and Case Report Forms (CRFs) to make sure information is consistent with the Serious Adverse Event form. Approves budget projections for the project.
- Maintains understanding and ensures compliance of SOPs, Work Instructions (WIs), global drug/biologic/device regulations, GCPs, ICH guidelines, GVP modules, study plans and the drug development process.
- Responsible for the identification, preparation, and delivery of any necessary training to Safety team members and other Syneos Health departments or groups. Mentor Safety team members
- Managing resourcing’s needs/issues and escalating to senior management as necessary.
- Participates in audits/inspections and ensures inspection readiness. Participates in quality investigations and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel may be required.